Don’t let embarrassment prevent you from seeking treatment for incontinence or pelvic pain.
Clarion Rehabilitation Services offers effective treatments for persons suffering from pelvic floor conditions with discretion for your utmost privacy.
Incontinence is the involuntary loss of bowel or bladder function at an inappropriate time. It is a common disorder experienced by men and women which is usually the symptom of an underlying condition. Often those dealing with incontinence manage their symptoms alone with the belief that little can be done to correct their problem. There are three main types of incontinence including stress (caused by pressure downward on the pelvic floor from coughing, sneezing, laughing, running, etc), urge (leaking is caused by a strong sudden urge that the pelvic floor is not able to compensate for) and fecal where the pelvic floor is not strong enough to overcome leakage of gas, liquid or solid stool.
Pelvic Pain is a debilitating symptom that may result from pregnancy and delivery, pelvic surgery, trauma, or inflammatory diseases such as vulvodynia, interstitial cystitis or prostatitis. There are manual treatments available to reduce muscle spasms, trigger points and scar tissue that cause pelvic pain. These treatments can help you to regain normal function.
Specialty treatments for women during the child bearing years are available:
- Exercise for pre-natal preparation and during pregnancy
- Treatment for aching backs and joints during pregnancy using exercise and aquatic therapy
- Exercise post-partum to regain abdominal/pelvic floor muscle tone and prevent injury
- Post cesarean section abdominal retraining and scar management
- Perineal manual treatment of scars and trigger points following vaginal delivery
Amy Diehl, PT, specializes in pelvic floor dysfunctions and has been treating patients with these conditions since 2004.