Financial Assistance Plain Language Summary
Clarion Hospital offers discounts under a Financial Assistance Program to eligible individuals, providing partially or fully discounted emergent or medically necessary elective hospital care to eligible individuals and families. You can obtain an application and additional information from any of the sources below:
- Phone a Financial Counselor at (814) 226-2651 between the hours of 7:00 am to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- To Download and Print Financial Assistance Application – Click Here To Download and Print Financial Assistance Checklist – Click Here
- Write to the Financial Counselor at Clarion Hospital, One Hospital Drive, Clarion, PA 16214
- Visit a Financial Counselor at the entrance to Clarion Hospital, One Hospital Drive, Clarion, PA 16214.
- Stop at any registration area of the hospital and request information on Financial Assistance Programs.
Determination of Eligibility for the Financial Assistance Program is made based on review of a complete application and supporting documents, including proof of income, assets, and liabilities. Generally, patients with family income of 100% of the Federal Poverty Level or less may be eligible for a discount of 100%. Patients with family income at 250% of the Federal Poverty Level may be eligible for a discount of at least 40%. Patients and Families who are not eligible for discounts may participate in an established payment plan. Patients and families will not be charged more for Emergency or other medically necessary elective care than Amounts Generally Billed (AGB) to those patients who have insurance.
Language translation of the Financial Assistance Program and application are available by request at the Financial Counseling Department of the hospital at the address listed above.
In order to make our patients, families, and the community aware of the Hospital’s Financial Assistance Program, the Hospital has ensured that this information is available by posting of signage, development of this statement, and distribution of informational brochures at registration areas. Please contact Financial Counseling at the address or phone number stated above if you need additional information or have questions.
The Financial Assistance Program includes Clarion Hospital, BHS Orthopedic Associates, BHS Primary Care Clarion, Cancer Care, BHS Primary Care Marianne, BHS SSJ Diagnosis & Rehabilitation, BHS Surgery, and BHS Urologic Associates. Any providers not specifically listed will not be covered by the program.
Thank you for entrusting Clarion Hospital with your health care needs.